|Posted on January 2, 2020 at 12:45 AM|
WHY WE NEED HEALTY FATS
- A source of energy – Our body uses the fat we eat, and fats we make from other nutrients in our bodies, to provide the energy for most of our life-functions
- Energy store – The extra calories that we consume, but do not need to use immediately, are stored for future use in special fat cells (adipose tissue)
- Essential fatty acids – Dietary fats that are essential for growth development and cell functions, but cannot be made by our body’s processes
- Proper functioning of nerves and brain - fats are part of myelin- a fatty material which wraps around our nerve cells so that they can send electrical messages. Our brains contain large amounts of essential fats
- Maintaining healthy skin and other tissues - our body cells need to contain some fats as essential parts of cell membranes, controlling what goes in and out of our cells
- Transporting fat-soluble vitamins - A, D, E and K through the bloodstream to where they are needed
- Forming steroid hormones - needed to regulate many bodily processes
CLICK THE LINK TO VIEW A CHART POSTED TO THE FACEBOOK PHYTGURL COMMUNITY AS A GUIDE TO CONSUMING HEALTHY FATS
A great body starts in the kitchen so eat to live and live to eat!
Have you gotten your OPTIMAL HEALTH in Check?
Contact PhytGurl @ services page, [email protected] or 253-334-0653 for a FREE consultation to get on the right track to Optimal Health!
Categories: NUTRITIONAL GUIDE