|Posted on January 2, 2020 at 12:15 AM|
STAY FIT DURING THE HOLIDAYS
One thing that I like to stress is fitness doesn't have to be all or nothing. Should you use laziness as a reason to put off completing your assignments? Absolutely not! But as life happens especially during the busiest time of the year between Thanksgiving and Christmas you may have a little give & take with your routine. Here are a few tips to staying on top:
1. Workout as soon as your feet hit the floor in the am. This can help you to avoid other activities stopping you from hitting the gym.
2. If time is short complete the Cardio portion of your program that will burn the most calories and complete the moves in your resistance assignment that work the largest muscles for continued calorie burn. For example
Squats > biceps curls
3. Review menus before heading out so that you can make a fit food choice ahead of time and don't have to be tempted by unhealty options.
4. Choose wisely. I love peach cobbler and I'm never passing it up! That means that I'll have to pass up on something else on the menu, do some extra abdominal work or add a few minutes extra to my cardio...ya know work for it!
5. Kick your workout up a couple notches. If you know you won't be able to make a workout tomorrow or you missed your workout yesterday, then today you need to be working at a higher level, going longer, adding more reps to sets etc
6. Did you know that sometimes when we think we are hungry that we are actually thirsty? Do not miss out on your H20. Take your water bottle with you wherever you go. Set up alarms on your phone. Download a water reminder application. Drink a glass of water either with or between your alchoholic beverages. This will keep you hydrated and save on many unnecessary calories!
7. Night out of big alcohol consumption? Sweat it out...get in that steam room or hot sauna & drink plenty water while doing so. I promise this will make you feel better & appear less puffy too.
Don't let the holidays derail your achivements and remember you can always get the gift of fitness!
It's 2020 a whole new decade! Have you gotten your OPTIMAL HEALTH in Check?
Contact PhytGurl @ services page, [email protected] or 253-334-0653 for a FREE consultation to get on the right track to Optimal Health!
Categories: COMMITING TO YOUR FIT LIFESTYLE